Are you claiming your entitlement to free school meals?
Registering for free school meals is important for two reasons, you will be assured that your child has access to a healthy lunchtime meal as well as well as additional funding to support interventions targeted to raise your child’s achievement and aspirations.
Your child or children may be entitled to free school meals if you or your partner have a child for whom you receive Child Benefit and who is attending a school or college in Telford and Wrekin and you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income gross income of no more than £16,190)
- support under Part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
- Pension Credit (guaranteed credit)
- Universal Credit and your household income is less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get).
If you think you are eligible please follow the link for further information and details of how to apply: https://www.telford.gov.uk/info/20028/school_meals/9/free_school_meals/3
Please contact the school directly if you wish to further discuss further any information given.