Within everyone’s learning, we recognise the strength of partnership, taking PRIDE in the achievements of all. This PRIDE is promoted in all aspects of the work of the school and embedded within learning:
- Pride in all that we do
- Respect for ourselves, others and our environment
- Involvement in our community
- Determination to succeed
- Excellence in learning and achievement.
Our aim is to maximise progress within a supportive curriculum which meets the needs of all; we look forward to sharing this journey with you.
Start your child's Expressive Arts journey this school term. Whether they want to learn for fun, improve their skills or look to gain a qualification, Charlton has got a whole range of activities and musical instruments for them to explore! Both beginners and more experienced musicians, dancers, artists and performers are encouraged to take up Expressive Arts Extra Curricular Activities at Charlton.
In addition to our wide variety of extra-curricular activities we also offer one to one Instrumental Tuition in partnership with the Telford and Wrekin Music Service. Please find all the information you will need to register your child for lessons in the attachments at the bottom of this page.
At Charlton School our PE department offers numerous Sport and Fitness related activities as part of our
extra-curricular PE and fixtures programme. Our aim, is to provide students of all abilities with as many opportunities as possible, to take part and enjoy sport whether it is competitive or to encourage heatlhy living. Our students have worked extremely hard to achieve a high level of success in a vast range of sports at District, County and National level. Our student leadership programme is locally renowned for supporting a range of primary school sports competitions. We value participation and competition in our fixtures program. We have A, B and C teams in many sports and sportability teams for less experienced students. We take pride in our team spirt and unity and are dedicated to self and team improvement, developing students physical, emotional and social wellbeing.
2018-19 Sporting Successes:
In total the students progressed to 36 finals and won 26 trophies across 8 different sports in 2018/19.
- Year 10 Girls Handball – County and West Midlands Champions and ranked 6th Nationally
- Year 8/9 rugby team – District and County Champions beating Shrewsbury School and Adams Grammar.
- Year 8 Basketball – Midlands NBA Runners up, County school games champions and likely to win the County Cup.
- Year 11 Basketball – District and County Champions beating Shrewsbury School, Concorde College, Adams Grammar and William Brookes
- Year 9 Girls Netball – T+W Plate champions and County Plate Runners up
- Year 11 Girls Football team – County Cup runners up and District Champions
- Year 9/10 Girls rugby team – District and County Champions
- Year 9 Girls Rounders - District Plate Champions
- Year 10 Girls Rounders – District Champions
- Year 11 Boys Football - County and District Runners up
- Year 10 Boys Basketball - County Champions
- Year 8 Rugby team - District Champions
- Year 9 Softball – District Champions
- Year 8 Football team County and District Runners up
- Year 7 Basketball Team – NBA midlands runners up and county champions
- Year 7 Rugby team – District Runners up
- Year 7&8 Gymnastics teams District winners